This is a fabulous opportunity to work alongside the famous team at St JOHN Restaurant in the modern and contemporary setting of The Bridge Theatre at Tower Bridge.
Our menu is classic St JOHN with a twist, serving late breakfasts, light lunches, matinee madeleines and pre-& post show suppers.
Working in our small passionate team of Chefs, you will have superb knife skills, the confidence and ease to talk with our customers and the depth of experience to open and close the restaurant and support the Senior Team with ordering and administration.
- I drive the highest level of internal and external customer service at all times and support my line manager in ensuring our customer service, profit and strategic objectives are met and exceeded in all my areas of accountability. I work with my team to ensure they achieve the same level of service to our internal and external customers.
- I uphold and deliver the highest levels of customer service in all my interactions. Acting as a champion for St. JOHN Restaurant and The Bridge Theatre I lead by example and challenge all those who work in the kitchen to achieve high standards of food quality and presentation.
- I work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- I adjust my priorities per changing business requirement and need.
- I keep abreast of industry trends, food innovations and ingredients, and share fresh ideas and inspirations with the kitchen and front of house teams to optimise operations.
- I am creative and act on my initiative to resolve issues successfully.
- I actively seek learning and development opportunities to grow in experience, skill and ability.
- Currently work in a quality brasserie or restaurant as a Commis Chef or Demi/Chef de Partie
- Be experienced in working with quality fresh ingredients and share the St JOHN passion for nose to tail eating
- Be confident in running your own section and stock ordering processes
- Have a strong team work ethic across the Bar, Restaurant and Front of House of the Theatre
- Most importantly... a love for the theatre
Perks, incentives or benefits offered
St John at Bridge Theatre is a very small team that promotes open-mindedness, kindness in the kitchen, knowledge sharing, inclusivity, trust of employee and customer alike, simplicity and clarity of purpose. We offer our staff a 25% staff discount on food and drinks on the Theatre and cost price on all wine for t/a. and St John Restaurant staff discount : 50% off Monday-Wednesday, 25% off Thursday-Sunday, t/a price on all wine drunk in the restaurants.
Personal & Career development - Open to discussions with individuals
Preferred starting date
Nov 17, 2019