Big Shot Coffee + Donuts is a brand new cafe in KERB’s Seven Dials Market, serving speciality coffee and award-winning donuts.
The donuts are powered by Vicky's Donuts, which has been running since 2015 and feature an American-style offering with flavours such as Old Fashioned Cake, mixed with more experimental varieties such as Fig & Goats Cheese.
We're a new company (we opened in early September) so this is an exciting time to join the business. We aim to encourage staff to contribute ideas and to take charge in what they do, and provide the necessary resources to put new notions into action.
About the job:
- Either full-time (40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7) or part time (8-32 hours per week, working 1-4 days out of 7).
- Must be available early mornings throughout the week, on weekends and on bank holidays.
- Based in Covent Garden, although on some occasions you may be required to work at our bakery in Hackney.
- Hourly pay £10.55-£11.50 per hour dependant on experience.
- Must be available to start ASAP for training.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate (Level 3 preferred).
- You’ll be in the spotlight in our new Covent Garden store so a friendly and energetic personality is a must.
- You’ll also be a key representative of our brand so a thirst to learn more about donuts and a passion for good food are both essential.
- Previous experience in a professional bakery or kitchen, producing high volumes of pastry, bread, confectionery etc is a plus.
- Decorating large volumes of donuts with great care, following recipes exactly, quickly and efficiently.
- Handling lots of donuts carefully and hygienically, making sure they reach hungry mouths in perfect condition.
You'll be super creative, have an extensive knowledge of icings, jams, curds and meringues, be able to follow recipes down to a T, have great attention to detail and be capable of working alone to tight deadlines as well as working closely with others in a team.
- Benefits include: Staff discount, pension scheme, 28 days paid annual leave, regular team outings.
- Opportunity to develop - we’re a new business that’s growing super fast. As a result, we have more roles opening up, all of which you’ll have first dibs on should you want to progress within the company.