Bubala has been popping up for the last year and a half at Carousel, Brunswick East, Berber & Q and Untitled Bar. We are a vegetarian Middle Eastern concept with a focus on bright, punchy flavours designed to share. Behind Bubala is Marc Summers (Bubala founder and ex GM of Berber & Q) and Head Chef Helen Graham, who has worked at The Palomar, The Barbary, The Good Egg and Ottolenghi. We’ve been hotly tipped by Eater, Time Out and The Nudge, and will be making a big splash in the new wave of exciting vegetarian restaurants to hit London. We will be opening a 30 seater restaurant on Commercial Street, East London in the late summer of this year.
This is a super exciting role as you will be part of the initial Bubala launch team. You’ll help to set the standard and create a great working culture. There is a clear pathway for promotion once settled which will be appealing to the ambitious individual we are looking for.
You will be working extremely closely with the General Manager/Owner and learning how to run a restaurant from the very beginning, an invaluable process for any individual looking to thrive in hospitality.
- Assisting the General Manager and Owner; on the job learning that includes stock control and business management
- Training staff the Bubala way
- Hosting and running busy shifts
- Managing a fun, determined, hard working bunch of people
- Communicating effectively with the kitchen, and dealing with any issues that may come up
- Cashing Up
- Someone who is confident and always thinking of solutions to problems, not panicking under pressure
- Prepared to go the extra mile for what you believe in (Bubala of course!)
- A passion for great food and wine. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE VEGETARIAN. This is great honest cooking which can be appreciated by everyone
- Ability to lead a team in tense situations
- Enjoy eating out
- Understands and looks to implement the idea of zero waste
- A minimum of 1 year experience as an Assistant Manager in a fast-paced restaurant
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in stock management and ordering
- Great IT skills
- Dining discount
- Staff workshops & training
- Discounted gym membership
- Team parties