Spring brings warmth and elegance within a beautiful dining space set in the New Wing of the iconic Somerset House, in the arts and cultural heart of London. At Spring food is celebrated for its conviviality and the joyfulness of sharing seasonal produce. Our cooking is heartfelt, wholesome, produce driven, and cooked by a team of people who are passionate about what they do and who feel truly privileged to work with beautiful ingredients. We hope to create an experience which not only sings on the plate but lingers in the memory.
Spring Restaurant is looking for a Pastry Sous Chef to join our dynamic pastry kitchen.
Position responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Working with the head pastry chef to oversee the department, organise the kitchen and place the orders.
- The preparation of desserts, bread and ice cream for the restaurant as well as the execution of desserts during service.
- The ability to work efficiently and carefully to maintain the high quality and consistency required in our kitchen.
- The ability to handle quality ingredients with care and attention.
- The ability to adapt to a changing menu and be open to critical feedback.
- The ability to supervise a small team and the desire to teach other team members.
- Having an open schedule which allows you to work evenings and weekends.
The ideal person will have a passion for working seasonally and be open to learning new styles and techniques. At Spring we pride ourselves on providing training, development and a chance to progress within the company. If you would like to work in a collaborative and creative environment, please apply!
A minimum of 5 years experience is required.
Perks, incentives or benefits offered
- Staff meal, made fresh daily by our chefs, at 11.30am, and 4,30pm.
- Staff locker, changing and shower facilities that are spacious, modern and cleaned daily.
- 25% staff discount including alcohol on tables of up to 4 people, Monday to Thursday, service charge is at your discretion.
- £100 Spring Voucher for your birthday (as long as you have passed your probationary period
- Free 3 course meal for two and a glass of wine when you pass your probationary period
- Up to 2% pension contribution for qualifying earnings for entitled job holders
- Staff are automatically enrolled in our Medi-cash Healthcare Cash Plan, after 3 months service. Claims are paid at the full receipt amount on all benefits such as dental bills or new glasses, up to your annual limit. Wide range of therapy treatments – including Physiotherapy and Osteopathy without the need for GP referral.
Preferred starting date
Aug 01, 2019