Behind Bubala is Marc Summers (founder and ex GM of Berber & Q) and Head Chef Helen Graham, who has worked at The Palomar, The Barbary, The Good Egg and Ottolenghi. Due to its growth, popularity, and dedication to promoting within, Bubala is already looking to grow its amazing team!
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our lovely kitchen team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a small team of chefs on shift. This involves daily decision making, training, planning and supplier liaison. You will uphold the high standard of food coming out of the kitchen as well as enforcing all health and safety procedures.
You will motivate all team members, providing positive feedback and encouraging everyone to develop their skills and creativity whilst adhering to the highest levels of cleanliness.
- Managing team
- Upholding high standards, maintaining quality and consistency of all dishes
- Creating specials and menu development
- Supplier liason
- Enforcing all EHO compliant procedures
- Enforcing highest health and safety standards
- Running shifts, ensuring prep is completed and staff take necessary breaks
-Running smooth services
- Clean downs, deep cleans
We are looking for someone who loves people, and will help to uphold our happy working culture and environment. You will be totally team focused, and find ways to motivate those you manage.
You will be hyper organised and a great communicator, with similar level experience elsewhere, preferably with Middle Eastern food. We are looking for someone who brings bags of enthusiasm and creativity to the role, and who loves vegetables!
- Preferably 5 years restaurant experience
- Experience with Middle Eastern food
- At least 1 year experience in a senior chef role preferable
- Level 2 certificate
We are a fun, young and dynamic team. We offer post work drinks, great staff meals and tremendous staff parties!