Saint Espresso is a well regarded, independent family of premium coffee shops. We are a small hard working team in an established and evolving dynamic business in some of the most prominent locations in London including Camden, Angel, Kentish Town and Baker Street.
You will be working in a beautiful open style kitchen in our newly opened Stratord site which consists of our café and our roastery. We are looking for a strong leader who can be trusted to work independently, take initiative and who we can create a team around in this Monday to Friday operation.
The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in a management role in a kitchen, will have good understanding of how to properly create and maintain kitchen standards, manage their time efficiently and confidence in creating new exciting dishes.
This is a position is for a passionate leader who can share our vision and the potential of our new space.
You will initially work on your own with the view of creating a strong passionate team around you as our trade in the area increases.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, brunch and lunch service.
You will be responsible for:
- Executing our existing brunch menu
- Creating and costing up new exciting dishes
- Communicating with suppliers on a daily basis and making sure correct ingredient stock levels are kept in house at all times.
- Responsible to oversee and undertake catering opportunities in the area
- Costing up dishes and adhering to the company budget policy.
- Enjoyable to be around and comfortable in leading in a kitchen
- You'll be competent and confident in consistently producing food orders in a timely manner
- Responsible for ordering day to day stock and weekly/monthly stock takes
- Fulfil daily front of House orders for the sandwich and salad bar
- Monitoring the quality of the food leaving the kitchen
- Excellent understanding of food hygiene health and safety.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen
- You will be reporting directly to the Store General Manager
- You'll take pride in our exciting independent brand and be committed to building on our excellent reputation through great service and brilliant coffee.
The ideal candidate for this job should:
1) Be passionate about producing high quality seasonal dishes.
4) Have a positive attitude and be a strong team player
5) Have strong leadership qualities
6) Be willing to take future passionate cooks under their wing.
1) Minimum 3 years worth of experience in a kitchen environment
2) Food hygiene certifications
3) Ability and knowledge on how to cost up dishes and propose potential price points.
4) Confident in setting kitchen cleaning standards
5) Confident in managing and maintaining correct stock levels for the kitchen operation
What we offer:
-Salary: £24,000 to £29,000 (depended on experience and skill level)
- 28 days of holidays per year
- Pension scheme contribution
-The opportunity to work with some of the most professional and industry leading equipment at all of our sites.
- Coffee trainings and participation in our training scheme
- Good working environment and great working hours (Monday to Friday, Bruch/Lunch service)
-The opportunity to be part of a fantastic quality driven team of like-minded friendly professionals.
Please ensure a covering letter and a CV is included with your job application.