Paradise focuses on bringing the best of Sri Lankan food, culture and design to Rupert Street in Soho. Inspired by the contemporary bistros of Colombo and Galle, Paradise will offer a modern, laid-back dining experience through the afternoon and late into the night.
Its vibrant menu will feature modern Sri Lankan dishes inspired by the island’s regional home-cooking and colonial past. Chefs will bring quality British and Sri Lankan ingredients together to create dishes based on long standing family recipes influenced by Portuguese, Malay, South Indian and Dutch cuisines.
At the bar, small-batch cocktails will be produced and bottled in house using ingredients from the tropics. A carefully selected wine list will present small independent growers and low intervention methods from Europe and farther afield.
Reporting to Dom Fernando, the owner
The GM will encapsulate the warmth of Sri Lankan hospitality as well as the country’s bustling energy and sense of style. At the centre of this is a family focused attitude towards service – bringing Sri-Lankan charisma to every guest, every day. As GM you’ll have fun, inspire and incentivise your team and together build this exciting independent brand in the heart of London’s restaurant scene.
Our GM must be passionate about food and guest experience (ideally with an interest in Asian food cultures) and also be willing to help lead and shape a brand through their work and creative ideas. They will need to demonstrate an up to date and in depth understanding of the hospitality industry and should have the ambition and confidence to drive Paradise’s success.
- Maintain responsibility for the overall strategic planning, development and success of the restaurant alongside the Head Chef.
- To hire and build an exceptional FOH team along with the restaurant owner and help create a working culture that others want to be a part of.
- To inspire, motivate and lead the front of house team to achieve excellent guest satisfaction and ensure the restaurant reaches its maximum potential in all areas.
- To constantly monitor quality and consistency of performance during service in all areas of the restaurant, through attention to detail, observation, interaction and communication with our employees and guests
- Understand, articulate and communicate financial targets and, create and execute plans for department sales and profit
- Build and maintain effective relationships across the business, acting as a figurehead for the restaurant and driving improved productivity, turnover and profitability
- Command a great front of house presence and manage and motivate the team, leading the recruitment and training of team members
- Exceed guest expectations by providing exceptional service
- Deliver a high level of staff management through organisation and detailed communication
- Confident and timely delivery of FOH rotas, and weekly reporting.
- To have read understood and implemented all relevant legal procedures, including (but not exhaustive) Food Safety and Health and Safety legislation, Employment law, Environmental Health and Trading standards requirements, HACCP and risk assessments, licensing law, RIDDOR.
This job description is designed to give a basic outline of what duties you can expect your job to entail. It is not a complete list and there are some tasks/duties that may not be outlined here that you may be expected to perform.
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious individual to join us at Paradise to take on a pre-opening position and be instrumental in the set up and running of a new restaurant brand. This is a unique opportunity to work within a beautifully designed site, which, for the last decade, has been an established and well regarded restaurant location.
Paradise is entirely independent and family operated with design, drinks and hospitality experts helping bring the project to life. We require someone with extensive managerial experience in a fast paced, high quality restaurant to help lead this exciting new venture.
We need someone:
- Who is utterly passionate about food and customer experience, ideally with an interest in Asian food cultures
- With a proven record of management experience and accomplishment in fast-paced, high quality restaurants
- With extraordinary people skills who’s abundant with charisma and charm
- With a passion and desire for our guest’s journey, ensuring our brand values and service behaviours are delivered consistently with attention to detail
- Who can demonstrate an up to date and in depth understanding of the hospitality industry and trends
- Who’s willing to help us develop our brand through hard work and creative input
- Who has a natural ability to lead and develop a new team to achieve exceptional performance aligned with KPIs
- Who can create a working culture that others want to be a part of
- With knowledge of all aspects of running the business, from recruitment to driving sales and monitoring costs
Perks, incentives or benefits offered
- 28 days of paid holiday per year
- Very competitive salary
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a new high-profile restaurant opening in Soho
- Chance to hire your own team and lead an exciting independent brand that is genuinely doing something different
- Discount on all food and drinks when you dine at Paradise
- Work incentives
- Staff meals provided daily
- In-house training programs to assist your professional and personal growth
- Staff socials
- Annual CODE App subscription
- Laptop provided