Little L’Oculto is a small, independent tapas bar and wine shop in South-east London which opened permanently in December 2015, following the success of a month-long pop-up in August of the same year. We serve Spanish cuisine in a relaxed and informal setting alongside an awardwinning selection of natural organic and biodynamic wines which we import ourselves direct from artisan producers across Spain.
Since opening we have gained a reputation for serving some of the best Spanish cuisine in London, winning 3 certiﬁcates of Excellence 3 consecutive years with Tripadvisor and was awarded Best Spanish Wine Specialist UK 2018 with Decanter.
Following the success of our ﬁrst site, we recently opened a second, 40-cover restaurant and wine shop and named it ‘L’Oculto Cocina | Wine Bar | Shop’. Its a great space and we have lots of ideas of how we want to use it.
L’Oculto has a strong foundation - we are ready to increase our teams size and make a bigger splash, not just locally but beyond.
We are hiring a full-time supervisor for our FOH team at Little L’Oculto. The candidate needs to be adaptable and passionate about good food and wine and available with immediate start.
Little L’Oculto has just 25 covers. So our team is small. The right candidate needs to be conﬁdent, self-motivated, proactive and excited about their role. There are multiple aspects to the business including managing stock, reporting, controlling bookings, training customer relations and events support. The candidate will be conﬁdent in bringing new ideas to the table and have a can-do attitude. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy a strong ﬂoor presence, who understands the importance of excellent customer service, someone with a friendly and attentive approach to customers with the ability to manage a busy service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Have full knowledge of the brand, our wine list, kitchen, food prep and incredible service
• Overseeing opening and closing procedures
• Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene and health and safety
• Developing, motivating and training the FOH team to ensure they provide excellent service, able to speak about the food passionately in order to help guests with their menu choices and to upsell
• Running and overseeing service to optimise covers and smooth delivery (bookings)
• An understanding of our guest’s needs so you can help create the kind of experience that leads!
• To fond memories and return custom.!
• Involve yourself with the hospitality industry, wine festivals, events, dates for the diary that are speciﬁc to the business
• The skills and character to work in a pressured environment and at the same time provide topquality service
• The ability to handle any complaints in a timely and efﬁcient manner
• Cash up procedures
• Stock management
• A good command of English
• Responsible for the overall presentation of the restaurant, including display and presentation of products
• The most important quality for us is a can-do attitude. Knowledge of Spanish wines and cuisine a great advantage
• Passion for delivering an exceptional guest experience
• Hard working
• A warm, engaging personality
• A team player
• Well organised and happy to take responsibility
• Quick to learn and adaptable
• Attention to detail and presentation
• Honest and straight to the point communication skills
• Fluent in English and have the right to work in the UK
• Experience of stock control
• Excellent communication skills and IT
• Holds a personal alcohol licenseOver a year’s experience working in the hospitality industry in a similar environment
• Knowledge of wines (Spanish an advantage)
• Continual training
• Wine tasting trips to Spain
• Staff discounts
• Team away days
• Day events to London food and wine festivals