To me, parfait is one of the most versatile things you can make. It's great for impressing at dinner parties, something fast and effective to whip up in the kitchen at work when you find yourself short on time & it's absolutely delicious.
5 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
500ml Double cream
20ml brandy/rum (optional)
Flavourings/mix ins of your choice.
- Place your egg yolks in the bowl of a stand mixer
- Put your sugar and water in a pan.
- Take your sugar to 110 degrees
- When it's at this stage start whipping your yolks on high speed
- When your sugar reaches 118 degrees, take it off the stove
- Turn the mixer down to a medium speed and gradually pour in the hot sugar
- Whip until it's cool
- Take this out of the bowl
- Whip your cream until it forms soft peaks,
- Fold this together with your whipped egg yolk mixture, gently
- Add in a mix in of your choice along with your booze if using (e.g. rum raisins, honeycomb, biscuit crumbs, chocolate chips, candied nuts etc etc)
- Pour this into a container and place in the freezer overnight before scooping.